About the Marketplace
The Marketplace is an online market that makes it easier for agencies to buy and suppliers to sell services. The Marketplace digitises and simplifies the procurement process for government, moving it from a largely manual approach to an online model.
The first channel open on the Marketplace is for public cloud services – applications or services that are delivered and run over the internet.
The Marketplace is open to all eligible agencies and public cloud suppliers. The Marketplace model will eventually be available to other sectors, services and industries.
Marketplace - Public Cloud Channel
- Public Cloud services are applications or services that are delivered and run over the internet.
More technical definition of Cloud services
- The Marketplace gives agencies access to a variety of suppliers and their products, and provides a place to compare products and then to buy what suits their needs easily, quickly and cost effectively.
Easy to buy
- Simplified purchasing process.
- Less time spent on procurement.
- Reduced costs.
- Easy to compare products to see what suits your needs and budget.
- View, compare, select and purchase in one online session.
- Products all have a security rating.
- Registration to join the Marketplace is a one-time only process.
Easy to sell
- Simplified commercial terms.
- No contract required — the Marketplace is open to all suppliers who meet the entry criteria.
- On-boarding is a one-time only process.
- Suppliers can join anytime as the Marketplace is always open.
- Suppliers can manage and maintain their catalogue as and when it works for them.
- Buyers have ready access to information about products.
- Simple online purchasing process ensures products are easily accessible to buyers.
- Suppliers can respond quickly to market demands.
The Marketplace has been designed to present a range of different capabilities for government agencies to purchase and consume. We are calling each of these sets of capabilities "channels".
The first channel available on the marketplace is for Public Cloud SaaS Services.
Within this channel there are a number of Catalogues (level 2) and Services (Level 3) that make up the Public Cloud SaaS eco-system.
- Channel — Public Cloud SaaS Services
- Catalogue — Project Management & Planning (example only)
- Service — Agile Project Management and Issue Tracking (example only)
Note: The initial release of the Marketplace does not cater for filter/search at the the Services level. This will be implemented in the coming weeks.