Marketplace lets New Zealand and international businesses offer their products and services directly to New Zealand government agencies.
Supporting business to work with government
Marketplace links business with government, making the procurement process easier for all.
How it works
As a supplier on Marketplace, businesses share details of their products and services in catalogues. Suppliers can opt to join, add to or refresh what they offer at any time.
Government agencies check out Marketplace when they want to buy a product or service, then engage with suppliers.
It's radically simplifying the initial primary procurement process, reducing the barriers for suppliers engaging with government - and making it easier for agencies to access innovation.
Become a supplier
If your business is considering becoming a supplier on Marketplace, this is where you find out about application requirements, how to apply, and the contract terms you will need to agree with to join.
Find out about joining Marketplace as a supplier
When you join Marketplace, you will be able to access the supplier portal where you can offer your services and products directly to the government agencies that wish to buy them.
Becoming a supplier
All eligible businesses are welcome to apply to join Marketplace as suppliers, whether you are a New Zealand-based or international company.
The company information you provide in the Marketplace application will be used to determine the suitability of your business.
Why suppliers use Marketplace
Marketplace offers the following benefits to businesses that want to work as suppliers to New Zealand government agencies.
- Buyer agencies can easily access information about your services or products.
- Commercial terms are standardised.
- Marketplace is open to all businesses that meet the specific entry criteria for the channel they want to join.
- Joining Marketplace acts as a primary procurement process, reducing the time and effort you need to spend to engage with government clients.
- You can join at any time, because the whole application process is done online through Marketplace.
- Once you are a supplier, you can add to your offerings within your selected Marketplace service without having to apply again.
- You can modify your online catalogue offerings whenever you wish.
- Some catalogues offer a simple online purchasing process that makes these services easily accessible to buyers.
- You can respond quickly to changes in agencies' requirements.
What you need to know before you apply
Here is what you need to find out about to prepare for your Marketplace application.
- What's open on Marketplace
- Supplier application and account setup process
- Application requirements
- Collaborative Marketplace Agreement — these are the Terms your business will need to agree with to become a supplier on Marketplace
- Help with using the Marketplace
New Fulfilment Enhancements
This release provides the following fulfilment enhancements to Marketplace.