Protecting your personal information is important to the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA, we, our, us). In this statement we explain the personal information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
The information we collect
You may browse marketplace.govt.nz without providing any personal information to us.
If you register to use the Marketplace, on behalf of either an agency or a supplier, we'll ask you for some personal information (in addition to information about your organisation), such as your name, position, phone number and email address. You may also provide us with personal information in the course of using the Marketplace. For example, you may provide feedback to us on your use of the Marketplace that contains personal information and you may provide personal information when seeking support.
If you work for:
- a cloud services provider and have administrative access to parts of the marketplace for that provider (e.g., to edit the provider’s cloud services listings); or
- a government agency and have certain roles associated with your agency's subscription to cloud services via the marketplace (e.g., to administer your agency’s account or approve subscriptions to cloud services),we will hold personal information connected with your login such as your name, username and email address.
When you're logged in to the Marketplace, our systems will also generate information about your use of the Marketplace.
If we need personal information but you don't wish to provide it, we may not be able to provide you with the services you would like.
We hold your information
DIA is the entity that will hold your personal information. We take good care of it and have systems and processes in place to protect it.
Why we collect and store your personal information
We collect and retain the personal information outlined above to enable us to identify you, to operate the Marketplace, and to communicate with you in relation to your use of the Marketplace and the cloud services available through the Marketplace.
We control the disclosure of your personal information. We will not disclose it unless:
- we need to do so to protect our or third party rights
- you have been authorised by a government agency to use the Marketplace and that agency requests information on your use of the Marketplace
- we consider it necessary or desirable to do so for security reasons, or
- we have to or are permitted to by law.
We collect non-identifying statistical information about visits to the Marketplace. Site statistics allow us to assess the number of visitors to different sections of the site and the use of cloud services via the Marketplace, identify what information is of interest, monitor system performance and help us make the site more useful to visitors.
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your browser by the websites you visit. They are widely used to help users navigate websites efficiently, to perform certain functions on the sites and/or to provide site owners with information about how their sites are used.
Access and correction
You have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information that we hold. To exercise this right, or to ask us anything else in relation to your privacy, please contact us in writing or by email:
The Privacy Officer
Department of Internal Affairs
PO Box 805
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner.