Using the Marketplace — guidance for Suppliers
On this page:
This section describes the Supplier application and on-boarding process.
Outside the Marketplace
- An open Notice of Procurement is published on GETS(external link), in addition to a number of other channels. Each will refer the enquirer to this website for further details and access to the on-line application form.
- The Supplier may undertake a pre-application self-assessment of the organisations ability to meet the minimum requirements, including reviewing the Common Capability Marketplace Agreement terms and technical standards required to be able to function in the marketplace.
- Having satisfied themselves, the Supplier will populate the application form and when satisfied, submit this for consideration.
- The Department will assess the application and, upon verification of the details provided, confirm that the minimum standards have been met, approve the application, create the supplier user administration account on the marketplace and notify the Supplier with details of what to do inside the Marketplace.
Inside the Marketplace
- The Supplier accesses the Marketplace and establishes the master product record(s).
- The Marketplace looks for the listed Service on an independent Cloud Assurance Security Broker (CASB) supplier database and if matched returns a Confidence and Risk Index (CRI) rating. Cloud services which return a CRI value (between 1 and 6 - 1 being strong)will be assigned by default security tier 3.
- populates the product listing record including the different ‘subscription’ options.
- OPTIONAL - If your Service has API functionality which allows machine driven purchasing, then the Supplier:
a) links the respective commands to allow automated generation of agency master account and billing relationship, and fulfilment of subscription requests; or otherwise
b) engages the Marketplace provider to support and integrate for a non API generation of the same; and
c) completes the requisite test connections.
- The supplier submits the product(s) for publication.
- The Marketplace Administrator reviews the product details and moderates as required. When satisfied, the Administrator publishes the product onto the live marketplace, and the marketplace advises the Supplier.
- Optionally, Suppliers who wish to attain a higher security tier rating, will work with the Department (outside of the marketplace) to select a provider from the ICT Security and Related services Panel (SRS Panel) and undertake a deeper assessment. If so determined, the Department will update the product’s security tier accordingly.
Note: Suppliers will be required to fund this process.
The Marketplace has a Knowledge Base providing a range of guidance on how to use the Marketplace.
Note: The Knowledge Base does not launch in Microsoft Edge when opened within the Marketplace.
There is a range of guidance provided, including but not limited to:
- Accounts and Security
- Change Password
- Suspended or Terminated Account
- Using the Marketplace
- Account set-up and activation
- Creating Application and Subscription plans
- Payment and Provisioning
Let us know if you think there should be other content in the knowledge base.